Dear Mayor Garcetti
Here is a sample letter to copy and send to Mayor Garcetti.
PLEASE ADD A PERSONAL NOTE of why it is important to you - it matters!!
EMAIL THE MAYOR to amplify the demands of the LACAN & D.W.A.C. letter:
My name is _____________ and I am a constituent living in _____________.
I am contacting you to express my support for the February 1 letter sent by Los Angeles Community Action Network (LACAN) and Downtown Women’s Action Coalition (D.W.A.C.).
[Brief personal note here about why this is so important to you]
It is essential that Mayor Garcetti responds to and takes meaningful action NOW to meet the demands outlined in the letter:
1. Prioritize immediate housing solutions for unhoused women, specifically prioritizing Black women;
2. Convert all vacant city-owned property into housing that can be used for women and families;
3. Ensure state, local and federal resources, including COVID-19 CARES Act dollars are earmarked to emergency and healthcare services for women;
4. Provide fully maintained water stations, sanitation units and feminine hygiene products in Skid Row immediately;
5. End LAPD homeless outreach and engagement strategies
People are dying every single day that there is no action taken. DO SOMETHING!!!
AMPLIFY THE LETTER! on social media and beyond
AMPLIFY/REPOST LACAN’s Instagram Post of the letter
Tag @mayorofla , @cityattorneyla , @lacanetwork_official
AMPLIFY/REPOST LACAN’s Twitter Post about the letter
Tag @MayorOfLA , @LACANetwork
Include link to letter: https://cangress.org/dearmayorgarcetti/
AMPLIFY/REPOST LACAN’s Instagram Post uplifting the words of D.W.A.C’s to listen to Black women and #StopStateViolenceAgainstBlackWomen
AMPLIFY/SHARE THE FULL LETTER: https://cangress.org/dearmayorgarcetti/